The study participants were given either adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) or methylprednisolone as pulse therapy monthly in addition to their regular treatment for one year.
What does MP stand for?
MP stands for Methylprednisolone
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MP
We have 205 other meanings of MP in our Acronym Attic
- Message Personnel (French: Personal Message)
- Message Processor
- Message Protocol
- Messenger Plus!
- Messenger Puppet (blog)
- Metacarpophalangeal (joint)
- Metal Particle (recording technology)
- Metal Products (various locations)
- Meteorological Processor
- Metering Pump
Samples in periodicals archive:
As this issue of Medical Laboratory Observer goes to press, 32 people have died, and 428 have been sickened, by the outbreak of fungal meningitis linked to contaminated methylprednisolone acetate manufactured by the now shuttered New England Compounding Center.
A high dose of 40 mg/kg methylprednisolone and/or 20 mg/kg melatonin were administered intramuscularly 24 h before exposure to noise, immediately before noise exposure and once a day until noise exposure was completed.
There was no fracture in MS patients and mean methylprednisolone dose was 9.
High dose bolus methylprednisolone treatment for primary myelofibrosis.
A urine sample taken from the former Droopys Del Sol at Shawfield on January 30 proved positive for methylprednisolone upon analysis at the HFL lab in Newmarket.
10) Later authors compared the results in patients treated either with ACTH or methylprednisolone, and noted that the results were comparable, or even superior, when high-dose methylprednisolone was administered in 3-5-day courses intravenously.