MeCP2 belongs to a family of proteins called methyl-CpG-binding proteins that share a methyl-CpG-binding domain comprising about 70 amino acid residues.
What does MECP stand for?
MECP stands for Methyl-CPG-Binding Protein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MECP
We have 7 other meanings of MECP in our Acronym Attic
- Mejoramiento Continuo En La Maquila (Guatemala)
- Metallurgical and Engineering Consultants (est. 1973)
- Medical Educational Council of Pensacola (Florida)
- Mineral Exploration Code of Practice (Tasmania, Australia)
- Modified Electron Correlation Polarization
- Multiple Engineering Co-Op Program (internship)
- Minority Ethnic Carers of Older People Project (Edinburgh, UK)
- Methods in Epidemiology, Clinical and Operational Research
- Mechanically Evoked Cerebral Potentials (physiology)
- Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program
- Miscellaneous Equipment Customer Premise (telecommunications)
- Mobile Electronics Certification Program
- Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (certification program; Arlington, VA)
- Methyl CpG (Cytosine Phosphate Guanine) Binding Protein 2
- Methyl Cytosine-Binding Protein Complex
- Medical Cost and Quality Assistance (consumer aid organization)
- Maine College Republicans
- Maintenance Engineering Change Request
- Minnesota Electronic Curriculum Repository
- Modified Endowment Contract Rules
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rett syndrome is caused by mutations in X-linked MECP2, encoding methyl-CpG-binding protein 2.
Methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 and its link to autism.