According to the Indonesian Meteorological and Geophysical Agency in Jakarta, the quake magnitude was 5.
What does MGA stand for?
MGA stands for Meteorological and Geophysical Agency (Indonesia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MGA
We have 173 other meanings of MGA in our Acronym Attic
- Matrox Graphics Adapter
- Mature Gaming Association (gaming guild)
- Medium Gain Antenna
- Medley Global Advisors (New York)
- Megaloblastic Anemia
- Melengestrol Acetate (synthetic progesterone)
- Member and Geographic Activities (IEEE)
- Message Guidance Area
- Messy Genetic Algorithm (heredity)
- Metal Gear Acid (gaming)
- Michigan Gamers Association (University of Michigan)
- Michigan Gazehound Association
- Michigan Guaranty Agency (Michigan Higher Education Assistance Authority)
- Micro Games of America
- Micro Gas Analyzer
- Micro-Genetic Algorithm
- Microsoft Genuine Advantage (anti-piracy system)
- Middle Gimbal Angle (astronomy)
- Midwestern Governors Association (Washington, DC)
- Monochrome Graphics Adapter
Samples in periodicals archive:
Budi Waluyo, from the meteorological and geophysical agency, said it was unlikely that the quake would trigger a tsunami given its strength and the fact it occurred relatively close to the earth's surface.
It drew together scientists from CSIRO Atmospheric Research, Japan's Meteorological Research Institute (MRI) and Indonesia's Meteorological and Geophysical Agency.