They cover meaning and reference, truth-theoretic semantics, meaning skepticism, the metaphysics and epistemology of meaning and content, and formal semantics.
What does M&E stand for?
M&E stands for Metaphysics and Epistemology (philosophy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of M&E
- Manufacturing & Engineering
- Maritime and Energy (industry sector)
- Mark & Execute (Splinter Cell: Conviction)
- Material and Energy
- Material and Equipment
- Meals and Entertainment
- Meat and Eggs (diet plan)
- Mechanical & Electrical
- Media & Entertainment
- Meetings and Events
- Metcalf & Eddy (Wakefield, Massachusetts environmental consulting firm)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Morris & Essex Line (New Jersey Transit commuter rail line)
- Mortality and Expense (risk)
- Music and Effects
- Music and Effects (cinematography)
- Mark & Emily Turner Memorial Library (Presque Isle, ME)
- Male & Female
- Marxism and Freedom
- Mobility and Firepower
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Chapter 5, Hossack turns his attention from metaphysics and epistemology to the philosophy of mind.
In summary, this is a rigorous and thorough historical reconstruction of Davidson's theory of meaning and his work in metaphysics and epistemology based on it for which this review provides only the barest outline.
A further pedagogical virtue of this volume is that, although most introductory courses on the history of early modern philosophy focus on metaphysics and epistemology, the topical essays at the heart of the volume are divided equally between metaphysics and epistemology and value theory.
Most importantly, this is an introduction which manages to coordinate the style and problem space of contemporary analytical metaphysics and epistemology with the interpretatory categories of process philosophy.
95 Paperback TP577 Joining companion volumes on wine and food, the anthology offers a wide range of perspectives on the plebeian alcoholic drink: the art of brewing, the aesthetics, the ethics, the metaphysics and epistemology, and beer in the history of philosophy.
169-70); his discussion of the metaphysics and epistemology of mathematics (chap.