Protection from Lightning There are a number of electrical components that can be used to help provide electrical surge or lightning protection, such as avalanche diodes or gas discharge tubes, but the primary protection device in use is the Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV).
What does MOV stand for?
MOV stands for Metal Oxide Varistor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MOV
We have 33 other meanings of MOV in our Acronym Attic
- Multiplication of Unnecessary Technical Synonyms
- MouseSports (gaming clan)
- Main Oxidizer Valve
- Manually Operated Valve
- Margin of Victory
- Materiel Obligation Validation
- Means of Verification
- Measurable Organizational Value
- Mechanically-Operated Valve
- Menezes-Okamoto-Vanstone (cryptography)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An individual thermal cutoff on each metal oxide varistor protects against temporary overvoltage conditions and ensures clean end-of-life performance.