histolyticum into palpable cords of Dupuytren's contracture resulted in a mean 81% reduction in the degree of fixed-flexion contracture in treated metacarpophalangeal joints and a 66% decrease in proximal interphalangeal joints.
What does MPJ stand for?
MPJ stands for Metacarpophalangeal Joint
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MPJ
We have 7 other meanings of MPJ in our Acronym Attic
- Mortgage Pension Investment Services (Dublin, Ireland)
- Management Productivity and Information Technology
- Mario Party: Island Tour (game)
- Masters Programme in Information Technology (India)
- Miejski Punkt Informacji Turystycznej (Polish: Municipal Tourist Information Point)
- Message Processor Interface Unit
- Massachusetts Property Insurance Underwriting Association
- Mobile Payments Industry Workgroup
- Man Power Justification
- Math Projects Journal
- Militärpolisjägare (Swedish: Military Police Ranger; Sweden)
- Ministria e Punëve Të Jashtme (Albanian: Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Movement for Peace and Justice (Andhra Pradesh, India)
- Movimiento Pro Justicia (Guatemalan political association)
- Musician Photo Journal (online publication)
- Michigan Probate Judges Association
- Majlis Perbandaran Johor Bahru (Indonesian: Johor Bahru City Council; Malaysia)
- Manitoba Provincial Junior Bowling Association (Canada)
- Majlis Perbandaran Johor Bahru Tengah (Malay: Johor Bahru Tengah Municipal Council; Johor Bahru, Malaysia)
- Marin Peace and Justice Coalition (San Rafael, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Upon physical examination, there was symmetric swelling and tenderness at the second and third metacarpophalangeal joints.
Hemochromatosis creates characteristic prominent osteophytosis and hypertrophic degenerative appearance in the metacarpophalangeal joints (Figure 6).
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] MP joint dislocations A true dorsal dislocation of the metacarpophalangeal joint (MPJ) can be a surprisingly easy finding to miss on radiographs.
CASE A 22 year-old female with high fever, chills, fatigue and pain in the 4th metacarpophalangeal joint of the right hand for 5 days applied to our emergency unit upon developing sudden onset pain, dyspnea and high fever (41[degrees]C).
Vary the contact (use your thumbs sometimes, knuckles and elbows at other times) and avoid flexion and extension, especially of metacarpophalangeal joints or interphalangeal joints when applying pressure (see 6.
History and physical examination revealed intense pain, allodynia, hyperpathia, hyperemia, contracture of the wrist, of the metacarpophalangeal joints and of the proximal interphalangeal joints, abnormal sweating, and increased hair growth over the dorsum of the hand, hypoesthesia, dystrophic nail changes and tremor in the right hand.
The combined protocol was effective for a group of patients who had moderate to severe spasticity in the elbow, wrist and/or finger flexors, as well as enough strength to be able to produce 10 degrees of active extension of the interphalangeal and metacarpophalangeal joints and 20 degrees of active wrist extension.