I was at someone's house when they accepted delivery of their brand new motorcycle," recalls one contributor to the community site Ask MetaFilter.
What does MeFi stand for?
MeFi stands for MetaFilter (community blog)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MeFi
- Mission Essential Feeding Facility (Little Rock Air Force Base dining hall; Arkansas)
- Most Esteemed First Finder (geocaching)
- Multicultural Eid Festival and Fair (Sydney, Australia)
- Marine Expeditionary Force Field Exercise
- MAGTF Expeditionary Family of Fighting Vehicles (US Marine Corps)
- Multi Enterprise Finance Gateway
- Mid Eastern Federation of Greek Orthodox Church Musicians
- Mean Engine Flight Hours Between Repair
- Marine Electronic Fuel Injection
- Matthew Evangelista Foundation, Inc. (Sly Syndrome)
- Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industry (France)
- Movement-Evoked Field I (magnetic field)
- Modified Electric Field Integral Equation
- Measurement of Electric Field by Interferometric Spectral Trace Observation
- Modelling, Evaluating and Formalising Interactive Systems using Tasks and interaction Objects
- Micro Enterprise Financing Ltd. (Jamaica)
- Moreland Energy Foundation Ltd (Brunswick, Victoria, Australia)
- Marine Expeditionary Force Landing Exercise
- Maximum Economic Field Level Repair
- Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute (Zimbabwe)
Samples in periodicals archive:
3) We could also use the well-know quote: "If you are not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold" by Andrew Lewis aka blue_beetle on MetaFilter (http://www.
Flickr, WordPress, Reddit and MetaFilter blacked their content.
1) All three of these quotations come from the web metafilter called monkeyfilter.
For example, I was recently alerted by MetaFilter to the existence of a gated community near Sao Paulo called AlphaVille.