Studying at the Mercantile Marine Service Association navigation school in Liverpool from 1903, he passed for his Extra Master's Certificate in 1907 and landed a posting as Fourth Officer with Cunard.
What does MMSA stand for?
MMSA stands for Mercantile Marine Service Association
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MMSA
We have 38 other meanings of MMSA in our Acronym Attic
- Murphy Middle School (Murphy, TX)
- Muth Mirror Systems
- My Material Season (band)
- My Media System (software)
- My Music Station
- Mystic Management Systems, Inc
- Matra Marconi Space-Toulouse, France
- Modified Monitoring State 4B/3T (telecommunications)
- Malta Medical Students' Association (Malta)
- Manitoba Medical Students Association
- Metropolitan & Micropolitan Statistical Areas
- Michigan Maple Syrup Association
- Mining and Metallurgical Society of America (Boulder, CO)
- Minnesota Mine Safety Association (Eden Prairie, MN)
- Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America, Inc
- Motion Made, Seconded, and Approved
- Muhammadiyah Medical Students' Activities
- Multimission Surveillance Aircraft
- Medical Manpower Standing Advisory Committee (est. 1991; UK)
- Minnesota Motorcycle Safety Advisory Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Mercantile Marine Service Association set up the school after the Admiralty offered the Conway, a frigate used as a coastguard ship.
Items on display include the Mercantile Marine Service Association Medal awarded to him in the same year for greatest proficiency in all branches of training and education.