5) For us to understand the psycho-legal dilemma of the rape survivor who is mentally ill, especially with the current trend to integrate citizens with mental retardation into the community, away from institutionalised care, it is essential that we have a basic understanding (9) of mental retardation and legislation-regulated aspects regarding mental health and mental retardation in South Africa.
What does MHMR stand for?
MHMR stands for Mental Health and Mental Retardation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Mental Health Management Information System (database; Los Angeles, CA)
- Al Maktoum Harvard Medical Library (Harvard Medical School Dubai Center; Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Manufactured Housing Multiple Listing Service (Sunnyvale, California)
- Mitsubishi-Hitachi Metals Machinery (Japan)
- Multi-Resolution Hidden Markov Model
- Medicaid Health Maintenance Organization
- Marine Health Monitoring Program (est. 2004)
- Mark Harrell Music Productions, Inc. (Arlington, TX)
- Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Mental Health Medicaid Pharmacy Partnership
- Mental Health Mental Retardation Authority (of Harris County; Texas)
- Main Reduction Gear
- Muka Head Marine Research Station (Malaysia)
- Division of Mental Health, Mental Retardation, and Substance Abuse
- Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse (various locations)
- Mental Health Mental Retardation Substance Abuse Services
- Mental Health Mental Retardation of Tarrant County (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Major Hazard Management System
- Masters in Healthcare Management Systems (Duquesne University; Pittsburgh, PA)
- Material Handling & Management Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Despite the severity of problems presented with this case, the local mental health and mental retardation services could not agree on a joint care plan, and each system identified the client as the primary responsibility of the other system.
To solve all these problems of access to services, both the mental health and mental retardation service structures must be willing to cross boundaries and transcend the issues of primary diagnosis and territorialism which have long impeded the effective delivery of services (Reiss, 1993).