Following the temporary closure, the facility is now set to close to elderly mental health patients permanently and a public consultation is underway on mental health services for older people in Stockton.
What does MHSOP stand for?
MHSOP stands for Mental Health Services for Older People (Aukland, New Zealand)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Muslim Healthcare Student Network (UK)
- Material Handling Society of New Jersey
- Medical History Society of New Jersey (Newark, NJ)
- Muslim Home School Network and Resource
- McLean High School Orchestra (McLean, VA)
- Mennonite Historical Society of Ontario (Canada)
- Mental Health System Oppression
- Multicultural History Society of Ontario (Canada)
- Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission (California Department of Mental Health)
- Melbourne High School Old Boys (Australia)
- Milwaukee High School of the Arts (Milwaukee, WI)
- Malvern Hills Science Park (UK)
- Mental Health Service Provider (counselor)
- Mental Health Services Plan (Department of Health and Human Services; Montana)
- Mental Health Support Project (Canada)
- Middle Harbor Shoreline Park (Oakland, CA)
- Mile High Sneaky Pete (pool cue)
- Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol
- Michigan High School Paintball Association
- Minnesota High School Press Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The refocusing nurse team, part of the board's mental health services for older people, were given the award for best contribution to in-patient care.
The charity said that the cuts come on top of chronic under-funding of mental health services for older people and the systematic discrimination older people face over access to mental health.
It was also criticised for the transition of care between adult mental health services and mental health services for older people, and between child and adolescent mental health services and adult mental health services.
They will also be at Woodloes House in Warwick and Tiddington Fields in Stratford, both run mental health services for older people, Heathcote House in Warwick, offering learning disabilities services, and Woodleigh Beeches in Warwick, which deals with substance misuse and eating disorders.
More than 40 people attended the event, which was organised by Stockton Mental Health Services for Older People, the Care Services Improvement Partnership, the Alzheimer's Society, Clevearc and Avalon.
WIDE variations exist in the provision of mental health services for older people in England, an independent watchdog has found.
The service is one strand of the trust's strategy to improve mental health services for older people and to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions.