Michael Seale, executive director for health services at the Harris County Jail and a member of the Texas Commission on Jail Standards, told lawmakers they would save taxpayers more money in the long run by adequately funding community-based mental health programs that help keep people out of the big house and in treatment.
What does MHP stand for?
MHP stands for Mental Health Program (various organizations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MHP
We have 219 other meanings of MHP in our Acronym Attic
- Master of Health Planning
- Master of Heritage Preservation (Georgia State University)
- Master of Historic Preservation
- Masters of Health Promotion (degree)
- Maximum Human Performance
- McGraw-Hill Publishing
- Measured Horsepower
- Mental Health Partnership
- Mental Health Plan
- Mental Health Professional
- Mental Health Project (various organizations)
- Mercy Health Partners (various locations)
- Message Handling Processor
- Message Handling Protocol
- Micro Heat Pipe
- Middengroepen en Hoger Personeel (Dutch)
- Migrant Health Promotion (various locations)
- Mile High Pinball (game)
- Million Horse Power (energy)
- Milliyetci Hareket Partisi (Turkish: National People's Party)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The New York Times reports that as financially strapped states cut mental health programs in communities and schools, juvenile corrections systems are feeling the effects.
Most Americans understand the mental health implications of terrorism and think that health care plans and the government should do more to address mental health needs in this area, according to a recent survey sponsored by the National Mental Health Association and the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors.
Few nations have adequate mental health programs, and many lack even the most basic or rudimentary services.
For example, a current large "Targeted Technical Assistance Project" contract is given by CMHS to the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD), which, in turn, subcontracts the work to the center, the National Mental Health Association, and two other agencies.
Despite the evidence supporting a demand for psychotherapeutic intervention in these facilities -- and the OBRA mandate for those interventions -- only a small percentage of nursing home residents actuary receive necessary mental health services because of insufficient funding, lack of appropriate training programs, lack of referrals and a general knowledge deficit with respect to the methods for implementing a mental health program in a long-term care setting.