And TV drama had the power to challenge "stigma and prejudice", said the report published ahead of Monday night's Mind Mental Health Media Awards.
What does MHMA stand for?
MHMA stands for Mental Health Media Awards (event)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MHMA
We have 10 other meanings of MHMA in our Acronym Attic
- Missouri History Museum (St. Louis, MO)
- Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic (certification)
- Modern Helträ Miljö (Scandinavia)
- Mori Hamada & Matsumoto (law firm; Japan)
- Mt. Hood Meadows (Oregon)
- Multiplexed Hierarchical Modeling
- My Hair and Makeup (New York)
- My Hollywood Musician (Network; talent agency)
- Maur Hill-Mount Academy
- Medicine Hat Mustang Association
- Midwest Healthcare Marketing Association
- Mijn Huis Mijn Architect (Dutch: My House My Architect; open house weekend)
- Mobile Home Manufacturers Association
- Mission Hills Mortgage Bankers
- Maine Health Management Coalition
- Miami Herald Media Company (newspaper publisher; Miami, FL)
- Mobay Hope Medical Centre (est. 1997; Jamaica)
- Montclair Hospital Medical Center (Montclair, CA)
- Montreal Holocaust Memorial Centre (Canada)
- Morgan Hospital & Medical Center (Martinsville, IN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Mental Health Media Awards celebrate the best portrayal of mental distress and reporting of mental health in broadcast media and cover a wide range of programmes, including radio and television documentary and drama, young people's media, news and soaps.
Byline: Trisha Goddard Dear Editor, Last year I took part in the Mental Health Media Awards and was genuinely impressed by some of the media coverage that was highlighted.
The Mental Health Media Awards 2007 are now looking for nominations from readers of good, accurate coverage of mental health issues in the media over the last year.
I had expected to meet her at six that night, when we were to attend the Mental Health Media Awards.
As a result she was nominated in the Survivor category of the Mental Health Media Awards.
Yorkshire TV's Lost For Words recently won a title in the Mental Health Media awards for its sensitive portrayal of a woman struggling to speak after a stroke.
Last year I took part in the Mental Health Media awards and was genuinely impressed by some of the media output that won.