To review the State Mental Health Block Grant Plan and make recommendations to DHS.
What does MHBG stand for?
MHBG stands for Mental Health Block Grant
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MHBG
- MacNaughton Hermsen Britton Clarkson (est. 1973; Ontario, Canada)
- Mars Hill Bible Church (Michigan)
- Memorial Hospital of Burlington County (New Jersey)
- Meridian Hill Baptist Church (Washington, DC)
- Mount Hermon Baptist Church
- Mountain High Beekeepers Cooperative (Niwot, CO)
- Microwave Hybrid Bidirectional Distribution System (Digital TV System with Integrated Wireless Internet Service)
- Michigan Home-Based Family Services Association
- My Heart Bleeds For You
- Major Home Builders Group (UK)
- Michigan Home Brewers Guild
- Memorial Hermann Baptist Hospitals (Texas)
- Mean Hours Between Hardware Mission Failure
- Model for Healthy Body Image
- Mile High Break Jump (pool cue)
- Mizuho Bank Ltd. (Japan)
- Middleburg Heights Branch Library (Cleveland, OH)
- Miramar Hope Bay, Ltd. (Canada)
- Mental Health and Behavioral Medicine
- Maine Housing and Building Materials Exchange (Lisbon, ME; est. 1989)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The budget proposes to freeze mental health block grants in the 2013 fiscal year.
2055, signed by the president just before Christmas, included a nearly $40 million increase for the Mental Health Block Grant program, the first increase for that program in nearly 10 years.
CMHS collects almost no information on how the funds allocated under its largest single program, the $420 million mental health block grant to states, are spent on how many patients and with what diagnoses are served.
THE NEW APPROACHES The welfare reform law gives states a new opportunity to expand their substance abuse treatment for welfare recipients beyond the Substance Abuse and Mental Health block grant.
The request also includes a proposal to reform the Community Mental Health Block Grant designed to make the mental health system more consumer- and family-driven, and to promote early mental health screening.