At mendelevium, number 101, Gray begins to group elements in sets of nine.
What does MV stand for?
MV stands for Mendelevium (isotope)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MV
We have 24 other meanings of MV in our Acronym Attic
- Measured Value
- Meccanica Verghera (Italian motorcycle company)
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (German region)
- Med'icus Veterina'rius - Veterinary Physician
- Media-Vida.net (Spanish gaming website)
- Medina Valley (Medina County, Texas)
- Medium Voltage
- Memória Visual - Produções Digitais, Lda
Samples in periodicals archive:
IUPAC's recommended element names revealed Atomic Voting number Name Symbol in favor(a) 101 Mendelevium Md 20 102 Nobelium No 20 103 Lawrencium Lr 20 104 Dubnium Db 19 105 Joliotium Jl 18 106 Rutherfordium Rf 18 107 Bohrium Bh 20 108 Hahnium Hn 19 109 Meitnerium Mt 20 (a)Voters were the 20 members of the International Union of Pure & Applied Chemistry's Commission on Nomenclature of Inorganic Chemistry.
Twenty-two element names failed to produce any words using the same letter banks: berkelium, beryllium, bohrium, dubnium, hafnium, holmium, joliotium, krypton, kurehatovium, mendelevium, molybdenum, neodymium, niobium, nobelium, promethium, rutherfordium, unnilhexium, vanadium, wolfram, ytterbium, yttrium, zirconium.