The CHSO assay on the SPApws is an FDA-cleared, fully automated assay for measuring total complement activity (CHSO) by testing the function of the resulting end product of the complement cascade, the Membrane Attack Complex (MAC).
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Membrane Attack Complex
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Medical Affirmative Claims
- Medical Alumni Council (various schools)
- Medical Assistance for Children (various organizations)
- Medical Associates Clinic (various locations)
- Medicare Administrative Contractor
- Mediterranean Air Command (WWII)
- Medium Access Control
- Medium Access Controller
- Members Advisory Committee (various organizations)
- Membership Advisory Council (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Failure to regulate C3 and C5 convertases allows cytolytic membrane attack complex (MAC) to be generated on the surface of cells (6).
This complex, referred to as the membrane attack complex or MAC, is composed of complement components C5b, C6, C7, C8 and C9.