Mr Davis was named a Member of the Order of Australia in June 2009 for service to international relations through leadership of AusAID and the development and reform of Australia s overseas aid programs.
What does AM stand for?
AM stands for Member of the Order of Australia
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AM
We have 232 other meanings of AM in our Acronym Attic
- Auxiliary Memory
- Auxiliary Module
- Auxiliary Motor
- Avant Midi (French)
- Ave Maria (Latin: Hail Mary)
- Aviation Management (US Department of the Interior)
- Aviation Medicine
- Aviation Metalsmith (US Navy)
- Aviation Structural Mechanic (USN Rating)
- Away Message (instant messaging)
- Ammunition & Hazardous Materials
- A Small Decline in Morning Peak Expiratory Flow
- Aircraft Modernization and Maintenance
- Advanced Materials and Processes (magazine)
- Anglican Mainstream (UK)
- Anti Media Plus (alternative web news outlet)
- Assistant Manager, Contracting Officer Representative
- Assistant Manager, Contracting Officer Representative Lead
- Adjusted Multimode Dynamic Guard Bandwidth
- Amplitude Modulation-Double Sideband
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sorabjee was made an Honorary Member of the Order of Australia (AM) "for service to Australia-India bilateral legal relations" in 2006.
He was made a Member of the Order of Australia in 2007 and has served as a director on a number of boards, including the 2010 UCI World Road Cycling Championships.
In 1986, a year before her retirement, Margaret was made a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in recognition of her outstanding contribution to nursing.
Vincent was presented with a Ritter Award by the Netherlands Government in 1980, the Australian Natural History Award in 1974, and was made a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in 1975 for his work in conservation and education.
He is a Member of the Order of Australia, and has been awarded both the MBE and the OBE.