Two of the affected genes were estrogen receptor beta and the melanocortin receptor 4.
What does MCR stand for?
MCR stands for Melanocortin Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCR
We have 293 other meanings of MCR in our Acronym Attic
- Materials Control Requirement
- MATLAB (Matrix Laboratory) Compiler Runtime (MathWorks, Inc.)
- MATLAB (Matrix Laboratory) Component Runtime (MathWorks, Inc.)
- Maximum Continuous Rating
- Maximum Continuous Revolution (ship engines)
- Mechanical Cold Run (semiconductors)
- Medical Care Research and Review
- Medical Center of the Rockies (Loveland, CO)
- Medical Cost Ratio (managed care industry)
- Medical Cost Remedy, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sporadic mutations in melanocortin receptor 3 in morbid obese individuals.
Recent findings indicate the effects on sexual function may be stimulated through melanocortin receptors in the brain.
The gene that creates red hair, the melanocortin receptor gene, also codes parts of the nervous system.
PT-141 is the first compound in a new drug class called melanocortin receptor agonists under development to treat sexual dysfunction.