Melanocortin receptors, particularly the melanocortin 4 receptor gene (MC4R), play a major role in the development of both monogenic and polygenic obesity.
What does MC4R stand for?
MC4R stands for Melanocortin 4 Receptor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Mobile Computing and Communications Review (ACM)
- Michigan Critical Care Consultants Inc
- Midnight Club 3 (video game)
- Military Community Compatibility Committee
- Mobile CubeSat Command and Control (US DoD)
- Montgomery County Community College (Pennsylvania)
- Multi-Channel Crypto Controller
- Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care
- Mega City Four (band)
- Management Console for Java
- Modern Combat 5 (game)
- Motor City Five (band)
- Music Contest 5
- Sixth Ministerial Conference (World Trade Organization)
- Comprehensive Methamphetamine Control Act of 1996 (US)
- Emcee Adam (Beastie Boys)
- Mac-Club Aschaffenburg (German computer club)
- Macedonia Competitiveness Activity
- Machine Check Architecture
- Machinery Condition Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
Clinical spectrum of obesity and mutations in the melanocortin 4 receptor gene.