Serving hot food in melamine can expose diners to chemicals, a recent study found.
What does MEL stand for?
MEL stands for Melamine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MEL
We have 171 other meanings of MEL in our Acronym Attic
- Master Environmental Library
- Master Equipment List
- Master Events List
- Material Engineering Laboratory
- Maximum Emergency Load
- Maximum Engagement Line (US DoD)
- Maximum Exposure Limit
- Maya Embedded Language
- Medical Employment Limitation (Canada)
- Medical Entomology Laboratory
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - Tullamarine (Airport Code)
- Michigan Electronic Library
- Micro Enterprise Loan (Trinidad & Tobago facility)
- Middle European League (volleyball)
- Military Education Level
- Military Exercise Leader (Cooper Institute; Dallas, TX)
- Mineral Exploration Licence (Australia)
- Minimum Enroute Level
- Minimum Equipment Level
- Minimum Equipment List
Samples in periodicals archive:
ISLAMABAD -- Plastic plates are a favourite of parents and picnic-goers the world over, but new research suggests that eating hot meals on melamine crockery could actually be harmful to health.
London, Jan 23 ( ANI ): Plastic plates are a favourite of parents and picnic-goers the world over, but new research suggests that eating hot meals on melamine crockery could actually be harmful to health.
DOHA The Emir His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al Thani formally inaugurated the $350-million Qatar Melamine Company (QMC), in Mesaieed on Tuesday.
April 15 2010 - Eggs from chickens that consumed extremely high levels of melamine in their feed still did not contain levels of the potentially toxic contaminant that exceeded U.
Confocal Raman microscopy (CRM) has been used to characterize the melamine distribution in three polyester-melamine paint systems: one clear and two pigmented coil coatings.