A duplicate of the Medium Resolution Instrument on the impactor will record the vehicle's final moments before it is run over by Tempel 1.
What does MRI stand for?
MRI stands for Medium Resolution Instrument
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MRI
We have 297 other meanings of MRI in our Acronym Attic
- Max Rubner-Institut (German research institute)
- Mean Recurrence Interval (engineering measurement)
- Measurement Recording Instrument (Hale Propeller, LLC)
- Mediamark Research Intelligence
- Mediamark Research, Inc.
- Medical Records Institute
- Medical Reengineering Initiative
- Medical Research Institute (dietary supplements; San Francisco, CA)
- Medical Resources, Inc. (various locations)
- Member of the Royal Institution (of Great Britain; London)
- Metallurgy Research Institute (Zimbabwe)
- Meteorological Research Institute
- Mexican Restaurants, Inc. (Houston, TX)
- Michigan Retail Index
- Midwest Research Institute
- Migrants' Rights International (Switzerland)
- MILSTRIP Routing Identifier
- Mineral Resources International (Ogden, UT)
- Ministry of Research and Innovation (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ball of dirty ice and rock was detected on April 25 by Deep Impact's Medium Resolution Instrument on the very first attempt.
The Deep Impact spacecraft has four data collectors to observe the effects of the collision: a camera and infrared spectrometer comprise the High Resolution Instrument; a Medium Resolution Instrument (MRI); and a duplicate camera on the Impactor Targeting Sensor (ITS).