The map was produced using 12 months of data from Envisat's Medium Resolution Imaging Spectrometer at a resolution of 300 m.
What does MERIS stand for?
MERIS stands for Medium Resolution Imaging Spectrometer (Europe)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of MERIS in our Acronym Attic
- Microsoft European Research and Innovation Day
- Magnetically Enhanced Reactive Ion Etching
- Multidisciplinary European Research Institute Graz
- Midland Empire Resources for Independent Living (St. Joseph, MO)
- Middle East Regional Irrigation Management Information System
- Medical Education Research Institute of Nevada (Henderson, NV)
- Merchant Ship Intelligence
- Marine and Environmental Research Institute of Pohnpei (Federated States of Micronesia)
- Middle East Research and Information Project
- Member of the Royal Institute of Philosophy (London, UK)
- Magistrates Early Referral Into Treatment (Australia)
- Making Education Relevant and Interactive Through Technology (California)
- Mandate for Export and Research and Development in Information Technology (Canada)
- Marine Corps Equipment Readiness Information Tool
- Materials & Energy Research Institute Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
- Medical Emergency Response Incident Team
- Method to Extend Research in Time (Award from the National Institutes of Health)
- Michigan Educational Research and Information Triad
- Military Exploitation of Reconnaissance and Intelligence Technology
- Missouri Emergency Response Identification Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
The dataset was produced by the Advanced Along Track Scanning Radiometer and the Medium Resolution Imaging Spectrometer on Envisat and the Spinning Enhanced Visible and InfraRed Imager (SEVIRI) instrument on the Meteosat Second Generation, using data from the Along Track Scanning Radiometer-2 on the ERS-2 satellite.