uk ENP Newswire - 23 October 2012 Release date- 22102102 - ORLANDO/MUNICH/ROME, - The tri-national Medium Extended Air Defense System (MEADS) has successfully completed certification testing for its advanced Mode 5 Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) system at Pratica di Mare Air Force Base in Italy.
What does MEADS stand for?
MEADS stands for Medium Extended Air Defense System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MEADS
- Maintenance Engineering Analysis Data
- Medicaid for Employed Adults with Disabilities
- Memphis Army Depot
- MIDIS Electronics ASIC Development
- Medical Examiner Asthma Death Autopsy
- Methamphetamine Education and Drug Awareness (Buffalo, MN)
- Methacrylate Embedding Acetone De-Embedding
- Measurement-Based Dependability
- Minnesota Elite Athlete Development Program (financial assistance)
- Maintenance Engineering Analysis Data System
- Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering and Mechanics (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; Troy, NY)
- Mid-Eastern Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel (eastern US)
- Machines En Apparaten Fabriek
- Maine Educators Against Fingerprinting
- Matching Energy Assistance Fund
- Mexican Expeditionary Air Force (WWII)
- Middle East Air Force
- Middle East/Africa
- Midlands Ethnic Albanian Foundation (UK)
- Mission Evangélique des Alpes Françaises (French: Evangelical Mission of the French Alps)
Samples in periodicals archive:
European missile defense program known as the Medium Extended Air Defense System (MEADS) after fiscal year 2013, the Pentagon said Monday.
New Federal Government clients in North America over the past few months: Commander, Navy Installations Command US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Medium Extended Air Defense System US Consumer Product Safety Commission Missile Defense Agency USACE - Construction Engineering Lab Naval Facilities Expeditionary Logistics Center Dept of Education, Federal Student Aid National Institutes of Health, Office of Aids Research National Institutes of Health, Child Health and Human Development US Census Bureau Department of the Treasury, Office of the Chief Information Officer Learn more at K2.
Harris suggests that HNR has potential for application to the US Army's Warfighter Information Network-Tactical, the FCS programme, the US Navy's Forcenet and Nato's Medium Extended Air Defense System, among others.
Specific examples of cooperative programs are Joint Strike Fighter, Multifunctional Information Distribution System, Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System, Medium Extended Air Defense System, Joint Tactical Radio System, Aegis, and other shipbuilding and shipboard weapon systems.