FROM A MEETING OF THE MEDICARE PAYMENT ADVISORY COMMISSION WASHINGTON - Federal technology incentives may not cover the true cost of implementing an electronic health record, according to members of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission.
What does MedPAC stand for?
MedPAC stands for Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (US government)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Mediterráneo Oriental (Spanish: Eastern Mediterranean)
- Meadows (street suffix)
- Madagascar Estates Development Partners
- Managed Enterprise Desktop Protection
- Marine Engineering Development Program
- Materials Exchange Development Program (New York)
- Mechanical Engineering Design Project (various universities)
- Micro-economic Development Project
- Mitigating Endemic Democratic Problems
- Multinational Design Evolution Programme (Nuclear Energy Agency)
- Medical Patient Accounting and Reporting
- Medicare Provider Analysis and Review (Medicare)
- Medical Patient Accounting and Reporting - Division
- Medicare Participating Suppliers Directory
- Medical Personnel Records
- Mediteranska Plovidba (Mediterranean Navigation, Korcula, Croatia)
- Medical Practice Command Detachment
- Ministry of Economic Development, Productivity and Regional Development (Mauritius)
- Medical Protection System
- Maximally Efficient Dose Range
Samples in periodicals archive:
FROM A MEETING OF THE MEDICARE PAYMENT ADVISORY COMMISSION WASHINGTON - Expert members of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission voted last month to present their Medicare physician pay fix plan to Congress, despite the objections of specialist physician and primary care organizations.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] In contrast to current Medicare policy the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission has issued a new recommendation that seniors be charged copayments for home health care visits.
Medicare Payment Advisory Commission has recently published additional research which shows that profit margins increase with length of stay (Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, 2008).
The entity charged by Congress with making recommendations on payment policy for providers, the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC), concluded that on average, Medicare Advantage program payments are 113 percent of Medicare FFS levels (Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, 2008).
WASHINGTON -- The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission has given its backing to bundling payment for hospitalization, which would essentially give hospitals and physicians an incentive to control costs and avoid readmissions.
A 2002 Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPac) survey found 'more than 30 percent of all physicians now refusing to accept any new Medicaid patients.