And the City Council's adoption, in 2008, of "Section 18," which transitioned 400 Medicare-eligible retirees into a Medicare health insurance plan, has resulted in about $5 million in annual savings - 60 percent of which has been reallocated to Worcester public schools and 40 percent redirected to municipal core services.
What does MHI stand for?
MHI stands for Medicare Health Insurance
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MHI
We have 104 other meanings of MHI in our Acronym Attic
- Manual Hyperinflation (physiotherapy)
- Manufactured Housing Institute
- Maroc Hebdo International (French: Morocco Hebdo International)
- Masters in Health Informatics (degree program; various universities)
- Masters in Healthcare Innovation (Arizona State University College of Healthcare Innovation)
- Material Handling Institute (educational & certification component of MHIA)
- Matthew Hoyle International (Hong Kong)
- Med Help International
- Median Household Income
- Medical and Health Insurance
- Member Help Interactive (America Online)
- Mended Hearts, Inc. (est. 1951)
- Mental Health Initiative
- Military History Institute (Army Heritage Education Center, PA)
- Mineral Hill Industries (Canada)
- Minneapolis Heart Institute (Minneapolis, MN)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (Japan)
- Montreal Heart Institute (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Multi-Media Holdings, Inc. (Washington, DC)
- Muslim Hands International (NGO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
administers Medicare health insurance for the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
SHIBA at Willamalane - Help clients with Medicare health insurance information, counseling service and individual assistance.
1) The demographic and insurance variables included sociodemographics (sex, income, age, race, education, and marital status), health status (self-reported and number of chronic conditions), Medicare health insurance category and drug coverage.
The third alternative is that, as the government contribution decreases, the shortfall is made up by payments from older people themselves, so that their Medicare health insurance premium is financed partly by the government and partly from their own income and savings.