About 215,000 enrollees in Medicare health maintenance organizations will be affected this year by HMOs leaving the program, the fourth year in a row that the Medicare+Choice program has seen a negative enrollment change and the fifth consecutive year that insurers have pulled back from participating.
What does M+C stand for?
M+C stands for Medicare+Choice Program
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Mike and The 'Bots (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
- Measurement and Test Equipment
- Measuring & Test Equipment
- Maria & Vangelis (handmade jewellery Greece)
- Measurement and Verification
- Meat and Vegetables
- Mario & Wario (game)
- Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise
- Materials, Methods, and Microtechnologies for selective Gas Sensing
- Metronidazole plus Amoxicillin (medication)
- Mitoxantrone and Hydrocortisone (medication)
- morbidity and mortality
- Michigan Highway
- SK-MEL-188 Melanoma Cells
- Movimiento 19 de Abril (Spanish: 19th of April Movement, Colombian Guerilla Movement)
- Mouvement du 26 Juillet (French)
- Microwave Multi-Media Modules Initiative (IEEE MTT Society)
- Midazolam and Atropine (hypothermia medication)
- Movement Assessment Battery for Children
Samples in periodicals archive:
4985, a bill with the dull but accurate title of "To Amend Title XVIII of the Social Security Act to Revitalize the Medicare+Choice Program, Establish a Medicare+Choice Competition Program, and to Improve Payments to Hospitals and.
In testimony before the Senate Finance Committee, AAHP President Karen Ignagni said, "The only certain path to long-term, structural reform of the Medicare program, including the addition of a prescription drug benefit, lies with a strong and stable Medicare+Choice program.
This change will have broad effects for Medicare beneficiaries, since they will have to select another HMO in the Medicare+Choice program before November 30, 1998, or choose a different type of Medicare insurance before December 31, 1998 to prevent a lapse in coverage.
From it, the Medicare+Choice program was renamed Medicare Advantage and new regional PPOs were created, as well as "special needs plans" for dual eligibles, the institutionalized or those with severe and disabling conditions.
Johnson and Stark seek numerous changes, including a more streamlined regulatory process, such as the regular issuance of rules and regulations; more accountability within Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (formerly the Healthcare Financing Administration); increased contractor oversight; simplified cost reporting and data collection; and several changes to the Medicare+Choice program.