The Medical Library Assistance Act of 1965 was enacted to assist in the achievement of that goal through the NLM by grants and contracts to the country's biomedical libraries.
What does MLAA stand for?
MLAA stands for Medical Library Assistance Act
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MLAA
We have 16 other meanings of MLAA in our Acronym Attic
- Munitions Logistics Authority
- Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (UK)
- Music Label Agency
- Music Library Association
- Mutual Legal Assistance (intergovernmental investigation)
- Muzzle Loading Association, Inc. (hunters who use muzzle-loaders)
- McBride Listeria Agar Minus Blood
- Multispectral Linear Array Short Wave Infrared
- Madaripur Legal Aid Association (Madaripur, Bangladesh)
- Medford Lakes Athletic Association (Medford, NJ)
- Migration Legislation Amendment Act (Australia)
- Modern Language Association of America (New York, NY)
- Mutual Legal Assistance Agreement (various organizations)
- Maritime Law Association of Australia and New Zealand
- Modified Limiting Amino Acid Score (protein quality test)
- My Life As A Spy (game)
- My Life As A Teenage Robot (TV show)
- Manually Launched Assault Bridge
- Maryland Legal Aid Bureau
- Maximum Lifetime Accumulative Broadcast
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Medical Library Assistance Act (MLAA) of 1965 (Public Law 89-291) authorized NLM to provide grant funding for the development of a national system of regional medical libraries, and, since that time, the act and associated funding have been extended several times (Bunting, 1987).