Specimens of Aedes bahamensis were obtained from colony material maintained by GFO at the Florida Medical Entomology Laboratory (Vero Beach, Florida) and field samples collected by BDB.
What does MEL stand for?
MEL stands for Medical Entomology Laboratory
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MEL
We have 171 other meanings of MEL in our Acronym Attic
- Master Environment Library
- Master Environmental Library
- Master Equipment List
- Master Events List
- Material Engineering Laboratory
- Maximum Emergency Load
- Maximum Engagement Line (US DoD)
- Maximum Exposure Limit
- Maya Embedded Language
- Medical Employment Limitation (Canada)
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - Tullamarine (Airport Code)
- Michigan Electronic Library
- Micro Enterprise Loan (Trinidad & Tobago facility)
- Middle European League (volleyball)
- Military Education Level
- Military Exercise Leader (Cooper Institute; Dallas, TX)
- Mineral Exploration Licence (Australia)
- Minimum Enroute Level
- Minimum Equipment Level
Samples in periodicals archive:
Repellents) with 10 to 40 percent DEET work well in most applications," says Roxanne Connelly, Associate Professor at University of Florida's Florida Medical Entomology Laboratory.
Dr Day is a professor of medical entomology at the University of Florida, Florida Medical Entomology Laboratory, Vero Beach.
Fontenille is head of the medical entomology laboratory of OCEAC (Organisation de Coordination pour la lutte contre les Endemies en Afrique Centrale), Yaounde, Cameroon.