By looking at the development of the medical affirmative claims (MAC) program, you can gain an understanding of the likely reasons why there is not already an established property claims program in your office and the foreseeable future rewards of establishing a program.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Medical Affirmative Claims
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Mean Aerodynamic Chord
- Mean Alveolar Concentration (anesthesiology)
- Measurement and Analysis Center
- Mechanized Assignment and Control
- Media Access Control
- Media Access Controller
- Media Air Cleaner
- Media, Arts and Culture
- Medicaid Authorization Card
- Medical Advisory Council
- Medical Alumni Council (various schools)
- Medical Assistance for Children (various organizations)
- Medical Associates Clinic (various locations)
- Medicare Administrative Contractor
- Mediterranean Air Command (WWII)
- Medium Access Control
- Medium Access Controller
- Members Advisory Committee (various organizations)
- Membership Advisory Council (various organizations)
- Membrane Attack Complex
Samples in periodicals archive:
Often this program is confused with the Medical Affirmative Claims Program, (3) which seeks to recover money from third parties (not necessarily an insurance company) when any beneficiary seeks medical care because of the "third person's" action.
In January 2009, the Office of the Judge Advocate General (OTJAG), TRICARE Management Activity (TRICARE), (1) and the Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) entered into an agreement (2) to establish how TRICARE will reimburse MEDCOM for a portion of the costs associated with recovering TRICARE claims from tortfeasors, insurers, and workman's compensation programs under the Army's Medical Affirmative Claims program.