45D, and the regulations thereunder, defined LICs as: (1) any population census tract if the poverty rate for the tract is at least 20%; or any population census tract if the median family income for the tract does not exceed 80% of statewide family median income (or 80% of the greater of statewide median income or metropolitan area median family income, in the case of tracts located within a metropolitan area); and (2) certain "Targeted Areas" specifically designated by Treasury as an LIC if the boundary of the area is continuous, the area would satisfy the poverty or median family income requirements as previously described, and inadequate access to investment capital exists in the area.
What does MFI stand for?
MFI stands for Median Family Income
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MFI
We have 147 other meanings of MFI in our Acronym Attic
- Managing for Impact
- Maquis Forces International (Star Trek organization)
- Marine Fenders International, Inc. (Wilmington, CA)
- Marine Firefighting Institute
- Mass Fatality Incident
- Massachusetts Family Institute
- Master Flight Instructor
- Mean Fluorescent Intensity (biology)
- Measurement for Innovators (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills; UK)
- Mechanical Fuel Injection (automobile)
- Median Fluorescence Intensity (flow cytometry)
- Medical Futures, Inc. (Canada)
- MegaRAID Firmware Interface (driver)
- Melody Format for I-Mode (musical format)
- Melt Flow Index
- Metamodel Framework for Interoperability (web registration)
- Micro Flow Imaging (cell and particle analysis)
- Microfinance Institution
- Micromechanical Flying Insect
- Military Food Inspector (synonymous with AVI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Median family income is the amount at which as many families earned more as earned less.
According to the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the median family income for the Chicago metro area was $66,007, and the prevailing interest rate on a 30-year mortgage was 5.
The amount is based on the median family income in the preschool's neighborhood.
John's and Oshawa posted increases in median family income.
In a state that ranked fourth in the latest Property Insurance Report's HURT index--the ratio of homeowners premiums to median family income for a family of four in 2001--it will be a challenge for regulators and lawmakers to balance investors' demands for realistic rates and insurers' willingness to write business with the need for sustainable state government involvement and homeowners resistance to higher prices and deductibles.
4 million times larger than the median family income.
median family income disparity between blacks and whites in your article, "More Work and Less Pay" (Newspoints, February 2001).