Previous studies have found that a brain region called the medial preoptic area controls aggression, sexual receptivity and maternal care in mice.
What does MPOA stand for?
MPOA stands for Medial Preoptic Area (brain)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MPOA
We have 7 other meanings of MPOA in our Acronym Attic
- Monterey Park Optometry (Monterey Park, CA)
- Mt. Pocono, Pennsylvania (Airport Code)
- Multi-Fiber Push On (connector)
- Multipath Optical (fiber optic communications)
- Multiple Payment Option (gifts)
- Music Power Output
- My Personal Opinion
- Malaysian Palm Oil Association
- Massanutten Property Owners Association (Massanutten, VA)
- Medical Power of Attorney
- Memoria Press Online Academy (Louisville, KY)
- Monitoring Multi-Protocol Over ATM
- Montclair Property Owners Association (Montclair, VA)
- Multi-Protocol Over ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode)
- Multiple Protocol Over AAL5 (ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) Adaptation Layer 5)
- Medial Preoptic Area of the Anterior Hypothalamus (brain)
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Advisory Council (Florida)
- Medial Preoptic/Anterior Hypothalamic Area
- Malaysian Palm Oil Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
Various nuclei of the hypothalamus including the paraventricular nucleus (PVN), medial preoptic area (MPA), arcuate nucleus (AN), median eminence, suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), and the substantia nigra (SN) were microdissected by the Palkovits's micropunch technique (MohanKumar et al.
Snowdon of the University of Wisconsin-Madison says the brain activity beyond the sexual-arousal area, which is called the medial preoptic area, is a surprise.