Mentor Graphics recently acquired the complete line of Ethernet and media access control (MAC) IP group from Alcatel, the industry leader for Ethernet IP, used in 80% of the 10/100 Mbit/s ports and over 50% of the Gigabit Ethernets ports shipping worldwide.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Media Access Control
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Maximum Allowable Concentration
- Maximum Allowable Cost
- Maximum Amount Contributable (US IRS)
- Maximum Asset Capability (economics)
- McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Mean Aerodynamic Center
- Mean Aerodynamic Chord
- Mean Alveolar Concentration (anesthesiology)
- Measurement and Analysis Center
- Mechanized Assignment and Control
- Media Access Controller
- Media Air Cleaner
- Media, Arts and Culture
- Medicaid Authorization Card
- Medical Advisory Council
- Medical Affirmative Claims
- Medical Alumni Council (various schools)
- Medical Assistance for Children (various organizations)
- Medical Associates Clinic (various locations)
- Medicare Administrative Contractor
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gartner advises IT users and vendors to thwart pirate wireless network activity by changing security codes on the network; isolating the path by which wireless users access your network; support departmental wireless networks; implement Media Access Control (MAC) address tracking to control network security; and monitor access logs.
Implementing Media Access Control (MAC) Authentication along with Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) gives the D-LinkAir DWL-900AP a more secure method for connecting several locations wirelessly, alleviating the fear of intrusion.
PMC-Sierra (Nasdaq:PMCS) has announced the PM3386 S/UNI-2xGE dual port Gigabit Ethernet transceiver, the industry's first integrated dual Serializer/Deserializer (SERDES) and Gigabit Media Access Control (MAC) controller with the industry standard POS-PHY Level 3 system interface.