In establishing support for this hypothesis, the researchers were also able to demonstrate that a profile of expressed genes could serve as a template to predict the mechanism of action for a third cancer drug, etoposide (ETOP).
What does MoA stand for?
MoA stands for Mechanism of Action
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MoA
We have 182 other meanings of MoA in our Acronym Attic
- Managed Object Agent (Nortel)
- Management Operations Audit
- Mark of Amber (gaming, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Mark of Athena
- Market Opportunity Analysis
- Marketing Outsource Associates, Inc. (Columbia, MD)
- Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association
- Master of Arms (weapon)
- Match on Action
- Measure of Aggregation
- Medal of Honor (game)
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medium Observation Aircraft
- Memorandom of Association (legal document)
- Memorandum Of Agreement
- Mercenaries of Alliance (Star Wars gaming guild)
- Mercenary of Abaddon (gaming clan)
- Meteorology, Ozone and Aerosol
- Method Of Accomplishment
- Method of Administration (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although many existing antimicrobial agents act against the ribosome, the NRIs exploit a new mechanism of action.
Given the mechanism of action of the drug, the potential exists to expand into other indications in the future, for example sinusitis and chronic bronchitis.
We need more information to understand the site and mechanism of action of these environmental chemicals during brain development.
The primary mechanism of action for decitabine is thought to be the correction of DNA hypermethylation, a major mechanism for regulating gene expression.
The NIEHS Division of Extramural Research and Training (DERT), in collaboration with the National Toxicology Program (NTP), initiated a unique grants program in 1997 that funds investigator-initiated research to provide data to aid in defining the mechanism of action of agents under study by the NTP.