Some parents turned to single measles, mumps and rubella vaccines - available privately at a cost of up to pounds 600 - when fears about MMR's safety first arose in 1998.
What does MMRV stand for?
MMRV stands for Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of MMRV in our Acronym Attic
- Mcdowell Mountain Ranch Soccer Club (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Marine Mammal Rescue Team
- Mean Message Response Time (computing)
- Modified Miniature Receive Terminal
- Mourne Mountain Rescue Team (est. 1962; UK)
- Murray to Mountains Rail Trail (Australia)
- Multi Mission Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator
- Monorail Mass Rapid Transit System (India)
- Marine Mammal Research Unit (University of British Columbia; Canada)
- Microcomputer Music Research Unit (University of Bradford; UK)
- Mid-Michigan Romance Writers of America (Kalamazoo, MI)
- Ministry of Mineral Resources and Water Affairs (Botswana)
- Maternal Mortality Review Working Group
- Machine Monitoring System
- Machinery Monitoring & Protection System
- Machinist Mate, Shop Mechanic (US Navy)
- Maclay Murray & Spens (law firm; UK)
- Magnetic Multiscale Mission
- Magnetospheric Multi Scale
- Mail Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Continued public concern with respect to the safety of the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine led researchers to examine whether children with gastrointestinal disturbances and autism are more likely than children with gastrointestinal disturbances alone to have measles virus RNA or inflammation in bowel tissue.
The Department of Health was today looking at the cost of providing measles, mumps and rubella vaccines separately on the NHS to avoid a wide-scale return of the illnesses as families avoid the combined MMR jab.
Administering a combined measles, mumps and rubella vaccine costs U.
Parents have been shunning the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine in increasing numbers in Wales since it was linked to autism and bowel disease in 1998.