The Health Protection Agency has written to all Birmingham universities and colleges urging them to check if students have been fully vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and Group C meningococcal infection.
What does MMR stand for?
MMR stands for Measles, Mumps, Rubella
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MMR
We have 226 other meanings of MMR in our Acronym Attic
- Massachusetts Military Reservation
- Master Model Railroader (NMRA)
- Master of Marketing Research (University of Georgia)
- Master-Master Replication (databases)
- Match Making Rating (gaming)
- Material Master Records
- Maternal Mortality Rate
- Maximum Medical Recovery (Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, RSO 1998, Canada)
- Mazda Motor Russia
- Me Meo de Risa (Spanish hash tag)
- Mediabase Music Research
- Medical Magnetic Resonance (imaging)
- Meet Me Room (point of interconnection in a video/audio conferencing session
- Megalocornea-Mental Retardation Syndrome
- Memory-Mapped Register
- Merchant Marine Reserve
- Metamorphosis Medical Retreats (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Middle Mississippi River
- Mildly Mentally Retarded (mildly developmentally disabled is preferred)
- Military Munitions Rule
Samples in periodicals archive:
3-6 Months Post-HSCT * Pneumococcal conjugate 4-6 Months Post-HSCT * Inactivated influenza (and annually thereafter) 6-12 Months Post-HSCT * Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis * Haemophilus influenzae conjugate * Inactivated polio * Recombinant hepatitis Ba * Meningococcal conjugatea 24 Months Post-HSCT * Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) (live)b (a) Follow country recommendations for general population (b) MMR vaccines are usually given together as a combination vaccine and are recommended in all children or seronegative adults.
The researchers, from Oregon Health & Science University, USA, evaluated 630 blood samples from 45 people to determine the level of immunity in each individual for smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella, varicella-zoster virus, Epstein-Barr virus, tetanus and diphtheria for a period of up to 26 years.
The AtheNA Multi-Lyte MMRV test system is intended for the qualitative detection of IgG class antibody to measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella-zoster in human serum simultaneously in a single well.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Persons who work in medical facilities should be immune to measles, mumps, and rubella.
gov Ms Rota is a public health advisor and laboratory coordinator in the Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Herpesviruses Laboratory Branch at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.