Their optimal portfolios are more skew to the right relative to those of the optimal mean-variance portfolios.
What does MVP stand for?
MVP stands for Mean-Variance Portfolio (theory)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MVP
We have 349 other meanings of MVP in our Acronym Attic
- Manpower Validation Program
- Manual Vacuum Pump
- Marginal Value Products
- Market Value Pricing
- Market-Value Pay
- Marketing Via Phone
- Marketing Vice President (various organizations)
- Master Verification Plan
- Matrix Vector Product (mathematics)
- Maximising Velocity and Power Track and Field Club (Kingston, Jamaica)
- Medium Voltage Panel (electricity)
- Mentors in Violence Prevention
- Merging Vets and Players (West Hollywood, CA)
- Meridian Venture Partners (Pennsylvania)
- Milestone Venture Partners (New York, NY)
- Military Voting Protection
- Mill Valley Philharmonic
- Millennium View Point
- Millennium Village Project (various organizations)
- Million Veteran Program (US VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cochrane notes that by reinterpreting the symbols, one-period mean-variance portfolio theory can apply to dynamic intertemporal problems in incomplete markets, with non-marketed income.