org/IRSreimbursement, provides rules (or employees who are reimbursed for lodging, meals and incidental expenses, or meals and incidental expenses only, while traveling away from home, to substantiate the expenses by per diem allowance rather than actual expenses.
What does M&IE stand for?
M&IE stands for Meals and Incidental Expenses (various organizations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of M&IE
- Medical and Global Survival
- Mason and Hangar
- Middletown & Hummelstown Railroad
- Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle (market sector)
- Maintenance & Inspection (various companies)
- Management and Integrating
- Mapping and Imagery
- Marshall & Ilsley Corporation (Milwaukee, WI bank)
- Modernization & Improvement
- Municipal and Industrial
- Miscellaneous and Incidental Expenses (various organizations)
- Management And Integration Plan
- Maintenance & Logistics
- Malkamaki and Leib (communications channel bound)
- Mario & Luigi (video game)
- Moon and Lola (jewelry company; North Carolina)
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (video game)
- Mission and Launch Control
- Madden & Michaels (Monday Night Football)
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (Mumbai, India automaker)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In October, the IRS provided an optional method by which employees and self-employed individuals may compute the amounts deemed paid or incurred for business meals and incidental expenses for which they are not reimbursed.
Revenue procedure 96-64 says 40% of a per diem paid for lodging, meals and incidental expenses is treated as having been paid for food and beverages when the amount is less than the federal rate.
94-77, 96-28 and 96-64) treats the per-diem allowances as being paid only for meals and incidental expenses (M&IE).
For reimbursement of their lodging, meals and incidental expenses (M&IE) at the site ("travel expenses"), W paid an hourly amount to those employees who lived more than 100 miles away from the site, in addition to their hourly wage.