Situated in the frigid McMurdo Dry Valleys, Don Juan Pond's high salt content-by far the highest of any body of water on the planet-keeps it from freezing into oblivion.
What does MDV stand for?
MDV stands for McMurdo Dry Valleys (snow-free valleys; Antarctica)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MDV
We have 56 other meanings of MDV in our Acronym Attic
- Medium Data Utilization System Replacement
- Mt Diablo Unified School District (California)
- Magic Deck Vortex (gaming)
- Maldives (ISO Country code)
- Marek's Disease Virus
- Marine Dealer Visitor
- Marine Digital Voice
- Master Diver (US Navy designation)
- Master Donor Virus
- Material Obligation Validation
- Medical, Dental, Vision (healthcare benefits)
- Medizinischer Dienst des Verkehrswesens (DDR)
- Mesenteric Drained Viscera
- Mobile Digital Video (various organizations)
- Momentum Density Vector (electromagnetics)
- Multi-Drive Version
- Multiple-Dose Vials
- Multivariate Data Visualization
- Marek's Disease Virus Serotype 1 (skin tumor)
- Marek's Disease Virus Type 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
Balkema: Rotterdam) Campbell IB, Claridge GGC, Balks MR, Campbell DI (1998) The soil environment of the McMurdo Dry Valleys, Antarctica.
Previously, researchers thought that Lake Vida--one of the largest lakes in the McMurdo Dry Valleys desert--was just a "big chunk of ice," says Doran.
After sampling and analyzing the outflow from below the Taylor Glacier, an outlet glacier of the East Antarctic Ice Sheet in the otherwise ice-free McMurdo Dry Valleys of Antarctica, researchers believe that, lacking enough light to make food through photosynthesis, the microbes have adapted over the past 1.