In Fight or Pay: Soldiers' Families in the Great War, Desmond Morton, the dean of Canadian military historians and the former director of the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada, tells the fascinating story of this unique but largely forgotten organization, weaving together poignant stories from the home front against the background of a war that transformed Canadian society.
What does MISC stand for?
MISC stands for McGill Institute for the Study of Canada
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MISC
We have 40 other meanings of MISC in our Acronym Attic
- Mathématiques, Informatique et Statistiques Appliquées aux Sciences Humaines et Sociales (French: Mathematics, Information Technology and Statistics for Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Michigan Satellite
- Marconi Instrument Semi-Automatic Transceiver Test System
- Ministério de Saúde (Mozambique - Ministry of Health)
- Market & Industry Services Branch (Canada)
- Mint in Sealed Box
- Motion Imagery Standards Board
- Allotments for Miscellaneous Purposes (US Navy)
- Malaysia International Shipping Corporation
- Maui Invasive Species Committee
- Mexican Institute of Steel Construction
- Microsoft Software Center (Indonesia)
- Minimum Instruction Set Computing
- Missionary Independent Spiritual Church (Forestville, CA)
- Management Information Systems and Computer Applications (degree)
- Michigan Interscholastic Swim Coaches Association (est. 1954)
- Michigan Scholastic Cycling Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
18-19: Conference: Social Development; Montreal; Social development Canada and McGill Institute for the Study of Canada.
Free Trade: Risks and Rewards (Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press 2000) THIS EDITED VOLUME is a set of proceedings from Free Tade@10, a conference organized by the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada, held in Montreal, in June of 1999.