Our previous research demonstrated that the maximum oxygen uptake during exercise as a proportion of predicted maximum oxygen uptake (%V[O.
What does MOU stand for?
MOU stands for Maximum Oxygen Uptake
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MOU
We have 64 other meanings of MOU in our Acronym Attic
- Mod of the Year (gaming)
- Moderator of the Year (online forums)
- Mother of the Year
- Motorcycle of the Year
- Movie of the Year
- Match-of-the-Year Candidates (professional wrestling)
- Married out of Unity (Quaker religion)
- Master of the Obvious
- Master of Universe
- Matching-Optics Unit
- Measure of Utility (various businesses)
- Memorandum Of Understanding
- Minnesota Ornithologists Union
- Minutes of Use (telephony)
- Mobile Offshore Unit (oil drilling)
- Mountain Village, Alaska (Airport Code)
- Memorandum of Understanding Management Group (UN)
- Ministry of University Affairs (Thailand)
- Method of Undetermined Coefficients
- Ministry of Urban Development (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The primary outcome measures for functional mobility and oxygen metabolism were the six-minute walk test (6MWT), and maximum oxygen uptake (VO2 max) by cycle ergometry.
1995), whereas other studies showed that maximum oxygen uptake in the recumbent position is higher than that in the supine position (Takahashi et al.
The findings revealed that after the treatment period, patients' maximum oxygen uptake increased significantly.
Participants were young (mean age, 27 years [SD, 3]), lean (mean body mass index, 24 kg/m2 [SD, 2]), and physically fit (mean maximum oxygen uptake, 51 mL/kg of body weight per minute [SD, 8]).
These changes were accompanied by increased aerobtc capacity as measured by maximum oxygen uptake, or [VO.
The V02 max test measures the maximum oxygen uptake of the body and is considered a good way of assessing your fitness level.
Moreover, after bone marrow cell transplantation, an improvement of maximum oxygen uptake by 11% and of 18F-fluor-desoxy-glucose uptake by 15%, which represents myocardial metabolism and viability, into infarct tissue was observed.