Both vessels have a maximum operating depth of 100 meters and for comfort both models are equipped with a powerful air conditioning system.
What does MOD stand for?
MOD stands for Maximum Operating Depth
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MOD
We have 171 other meanings of MOD in our Acronym Attic
- Maritime Operations Division (Australia)
- Market Overview Document (marketing)
- MARS Operating Directive
- Mask of Destiny (Lego Bionicle fan site)
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
- Master of Diguise (Nintendo Developers' System game)
- Master of Disaster
- Master's of Destruction (gaming clan)
- Masters of Deception (hacker group)
- Masters of Defense (US Cutlery company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With a maximum operating depth of 1,000 m and multifunctional hydraulic manipulating arms, this ROV has a large underwater intervention capacity for a wide range of applications such as assistance with deep offshore operations.
Brandhuber said he was in the wardroom with the civilians, who were on board for a daylong tour, when the captain made it known that the sub had gone to test depth, or any depth exceeding 800 feet (around 240 meters), the maximum operating depth the Navy can make public.