Using the workstation, volume rendering (VR), maximum intensity projection (MIP), cure plane reconstruction (CPR), and inspace images were acquired.
What does MIP stand for?
MIP stands for Maximum Intensity Projection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIP
We have 379 other meanings of MIP in our Acronym Attic
- Master Intelligence Plan
- Mastercard Interface Processor (global payments network)
- Material in Process
- Material Index Page
- Material/Military Improvement Plan/Program
- Materiel Improvement Project
- Maximal Implantation Potential (in-vitro fertilization)
- Maximum Incidental Pressure
- Maximum Information Principle
- Maximum Inspiratory Pressure (measure of respiratory muscle strength)
- Mean Indicated Pressure (engine performance)
- Measure and Improve Performance
- Measure of Interim Progress (education; various locations)
- Measurement Index Performance
- Med-I-Pant, Inc. (healthcare products company)
- Medial Intraparietal
- Medicaid Integrity Program (US DHHS)
- Medical Insurance Plan (various organizations)
- Medium Interface Point (ITS)
- Meet in Person
Samples in periodicals archive:
The compressive effect on the trachea is well-demonstrated on the 3-D maximum intensity projection (MIP) virtual bronchoscopy image with remarkable attenuation of the lumen over a long segment, up to just above the carina.
In addition to the traditional axial images, all the other available techniques (multiplanar reconstructions (MPR), maximum intensity projection (MIP) and 3D volume rendering (3D VR) images were used for the assessment of the coronary artery anatomies.
Automated features include image registration that corrects for patient movement, subtraction images, angiogenesis maps, real-time dynamic curves, multiplanar reformatting, maximum intensity projections (MIPs) and enhancing tissue volume summaries.
The Vivace 3D imaging suite offers four distinct rendering modes for better image viewing - maximum intensity projection (MIP), minimum intensity projection (minIP), shaded volume and unshaded volume, as well as multi-planar reformatting (MPR), powerful tools for cross-correlation between volume rendered views, and MPR views and "opacity modulations" that eliminate artifacts from partial volume effects.
Data analysis: A practical approach The evaluation of a volumetric dataset is usually done interactively using a combination of axial CT, multiplanar reconstruction (MPR), and 3-dimensional postprocessing with volume rendering (VR) and maximum intensity projection (MIP) techniques.