Although the structure has a maximum gross weight (MGW) limit of 17 tons, lorries weighing more than 44 tons are regularly using the bridge, which is more than 110 years old.
What does MGW stand for?
MGW stands for Maximum Gross Weight
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MGW
We have 10 other meanings of MGW in our Acronym Attic
- Modified Generalized Valence Bond
- Mountain Gorilla Veterinary Center
- Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Limited (India)
- MERIS (Medium Resolution Imaging Spectrometer) Global Vegetation Index
- Mountain Gorilla Veterinary Project (Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo)
- Managers Guide to Virtual Private Networks
- Mated Ground Vibration Test (US NASA)
- Median Growth Velocity Per Unit
- Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight (utility vehicle industry)
- (Network) Management at Gateway
- Media Gateway (3GPP)
- Mighty Games World (website)
- Mission Gross Weight (aviation)
- Morgantown, WV, USA - Morgantown Municipal Airport (Airport Code)
- McGillivray's Warbler (bird species Oporornis tolmiei)
- Metropolitan Golf Writers Association (Elmsford, NY)
- Michigan Ground Water Association, Inc.
- Middle Grades Writing Assessment
- Minnesota Ground Water Association (volunteer organization; White Bear Lake, MN)
- Montana Game Wardens Association (Helena, MT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS Arizona-based rotorcraft maker MD Helicopters Inc said that the US Federal Aviation Administration has approved the MD Explorer 902 certification at an increased maximum gross weight of 6,770 lbs.
His action averted a takeoff condition that have put the aircraft over its maximum gross weight and significantly outside its CG (center of gravity) limit.
Nov 24, 2010 Airbus Airbus is set to reveal plans for a maximum gross weight increase of its Airbus A330-300 widebody.
Police officers who stopped the truck at Ainley Top roundabout on May 7 found that despite the Ford having a maximum gross weight of 3,500kg, it was carrying a staggering 5,090kg of concrete.
Forecast defines light as having a maximum gross weight of less than 6804 kg.
The B model is a basic, hands-on, day VFR trainer with a maximum gross weight of 3,200 pounds, a maximum forward airspeed of 130 knots, and the ability to remain airborne for over 2.