It is the maximum expiratory flow achieved from a maximum forced expiration, starting without hesitation from the point of maximal lung inflation, expressed in l/s.
What does MEF stand for?
MEF stands for Maximum Expiratory Flow
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MEF
We have 163 other meanings of MEF in our Acronym Attic
- Marine Expeditionary Force
- Martin Ennals Foundation (Switzerland)
- Martingale Estimating Functions
- Mask Error Factor
- Master Earnings File
- Master in Economics and Finance (various schools)
- Materials Exposure Facility
- Mature Equivalent of Fat
- Maximum Elevation Figures (aeronautics)
- Maximum Expansion Factor (bullets)
- Mean Effective Pressure
- Medical Education Foundation (various locations)
- Mediterranean Expeditionary Force (Gallipoli)
- Meksika Esperanto-Federacio (Mexican National Convention of Esperanto)
- Mères et Femmes (French: Mothers Are Women; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence
- Metro Ethernet Forum
- Middle East Force
- Middle East Forum (think tank)
- Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation (Zambia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Maximum expiratory flow rates like forced expiratory volume in 1 sec ([FEV.