However, the blanket imposition of the maximum allowable charge will worry every family - and there will be many - for whom it represents a life-altering obligation.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Maximum Allowable Charge
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Master of Art Conservation
- Master of Arts in Counseling
- Material Accountability and Control
- Material Accounting Center
- Material Accumulation Costing
- Material Adverse Change
- Materiel Acquisition Command
- Mathematics and Computation (MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab project)
- Maximum Acceptable Concentration
- Maximum Adjacent Cut (locksmithing)
- Maximum Allowable Concentration
- Maximum Allowable Cost
- Maximum Amount Contributable (US IRS)
- Maximum Asset Capability (economics)
- McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Mean Aerodynamic Center
- Mean Aerodynamic Chord
- Mean Alveolar Concentration (anesthesiology)
- Measurement and Analysis Center
- Mechanized Assignment and Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
In most cases, the charge was far less than the maximum allowable charge, she said.
If you bill the patient more than the maximum allowable charge under Medicare, you lose your license," said Dr.