At the rarified Deutsche Grammophon, which shelters such media-averse pianists as Martha Argerich, Maurizio Pollini and Krystian Zimerman, Lang LangAAEs noisy populism was never an easy fit.
What does MP stand for?
MP stands for Maurizio Pollini (classical pianist)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MP
We have 204 other meanings of MP in our Acronym Attic
- Master Points (bridge card game)
- Master Practitioner
- Master Processor
- Matches Played (soccer statistics)
- Matching Pursuit (algorithm)
- Materiel Professional (Program)
- Mathematics and Physics (various universities)
- Matric Potential
- Matthew Perry (actor)
- Mauritius (Including Chagosis & Rodriquezis)
Samples in periodicals archive:
David Oistrakh also conducts a decent Jupiter Symphony, and Maurizio Pollini directs stylishly from the keyboard in intelligent, communicative accounts of three Piano Concertos (A major K414, E-flat major K449 and the stormy D minor K466).
Maurizio Pollini, piano; Paul Kletzki, Philharmonia Orchestra.
One reviewer went so far as to declare that Miss Zayas had outperformed Maurizio Pollini.