The authors studied cord blood serum proteins by profiling a UCB pool of 12 neonates with different backgrounds using a combination of isoelectric focusing and liquid chromatography coupled with matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization tandem mass spectrometry and by comparing results with metabolic and disease databases available for adult blood.
What does MALDI stand for?
MALDI stands for Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MALDI
We have 3 other meanings of MALDI in our Acronym Attic
- Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy (Fletcher School)
- Master of the Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption (biochemistry)
- Meters Above Local Datum (geological surveys)
- Miniature Air Launched Decoy
- Multi-Array Laser Diode (thermal imaging)
- Medicare Advanced Laboratory Diagnostics Act
- Michigan Association of Learning Disabilities Educators
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (est. 1968)
- Mexican American Legal Defense Fund
- Minority Adoption Leadership Development Institute (National Resource Center for Adoption)
- Matrix assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation Mass Spectrometry
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization - Time of Flight
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry
- Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-Of-Flight (mass spectroscopy)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development and Marketing (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Married and Losing Everything
- Medium Altitude Long Endurance (unmanned aerial vehicles)
- Mens Advice Line and Enquiries (UK)
- Modified Adaptive Line Enhancement (biomedical engineering)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The invention of matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) technology enables scientists to determine the nucleotide, or fingerprint, of proteins associated with different diseases.
Analysis of microbial mixtures by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) and electrospray ionization (ESI) mass spectrometry have developed into important chemical structure characterization techniques for many polymers of interest to the coatings industry.
For several years, Wahl has led a team using a system known as MALDI-MS, or matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry.