AIM OF THE STUDY: Recently, it has been shown to promote pro-collagen content and inhibit matrix metalloproteinase levels in skin fibroblast.
What does MMP stand for?
MMP stands for Matrix Metalloproteinase (enzymes related to tissue healing/remodeling and cancer cell metastasis)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MMP
We have 298 other meanings of MMP in our Acronym Attic
- Marsh Monitoring Program (Canada)
- Mass Mailing Program (software)
- Mass Market Paperback (bookbinding format)
- Mass Media Production
- Master in Medical Physics
- Master Manufacturing Procedure
- Master Mobilization Plan
- Mastering Microsoft Project (computing)
- Masters in Management Program
- Mates, Masters, and Pilots Association
- Mazda Motor de Portugal
- Media Mobilizing Project (Philadelphia, PA)
- Medical Marijuana Patient
- Medical Marijuana Program (various locations)
- Meet Me Page (telecommunications)
- Merchant Marine Personnel (US Coast Guard)
- Merchant Marine Personnel Division (US Navy)
- Mercury Music Prize
- Meshcom Mesh Protocol
- Metal Mind Productions (est. 1987; Polish record label)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Epidermal growth factor (EGF)- and scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor (SF/HGF)- mediated keratinocyte migration is coincident with induction of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9.
9781603272988 Matrix metalloproteinase protocols, 2d ed.
Matrix metalloproteinase 7 (matrilysin) from human rectal carcinoma cells: activation of the precursor, interaction with other matrix metalloproteinases and enzymic properties.
15-17) Matrix metalloproteinase 3 is considered to play essential roles in the degradation of both aggrecan and collagen fibrils in the cartilage, the latter of which may be digested through the degradation of perifibrillar extracellular matrix components such as type IX collagen (6,7) and the activation of proMMP-1, (8) proMMP-9, (19) and proMMP-13.
SAN ANTONIO -- A simple urine test for selected matrix metalloproteinases may provide a novel noninvasive means of assessing a woman's risk of developing breast cancer, Dr.
It comprises the use of an inhibitor of a UVB-induced matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) to inhibit the production or activity of UVB-inducible MMPs.