The highest maternal mortality rate among Central Asian countries is observed in Kyrgyzstan, 71 fatal cases on 100,000 of newborns, the 2013 Human Development Report of UNDP, The Rise of the South, said.
What does MMR stand for?
MMR stands for Maternal Mortality Rate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MMR
We have 226 other meanings of MMR in our Acronym Attic
- Marine Mammal Regulations (Federal Fisheries Act; Canada)
- Mask-Mounted Regulator (respirator system)
- Mass Market Retailers
- Mass Miniature Radiography
- Massachusetts Military Reservation
- Master Model Railroader (NMRA)
- Master of Marketing Research (University of Georgia)
- Master-Master Replication (databases)
- Match Making Rating (gaming)
- Material Master Records
- Maximum Medical Recovery (Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, RSO 1998, Canada)
- Mazda Motor Russia
- Me Meo de Risa (Spanish hash tag)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Mediabase Music Research
- Medical Magnetic Resonance (imaging)
- Meet Me Room (point of interconnection in a video/audio conferencing session
- Megalocornea-Mental Retardation Syndrome
- Memory-Mapped Register
- Merchant Marine Reserve
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to UNFPA, the maternal mortality rate in Yemen is the highest in the region.
The maternal mortality rate of 35 deaths per 100,000 women of reproductive age in the MCH-FP area was 37% lower than in the comparison area (56 deaths per 100,000).
January 13, 2010 (JUBA) - The need to provide adequate food security and reduce maternal mortality rates among the southern Sudanese population remain at the top of the UNs post-referendum plan, Lise Grande, the Deputy Resident and Humanitarian Coordination for the semi-autonomous region has revealed.
LAHORE, July 8 -- The Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) is about 276 deaths per 100,000 births and post natal haemorrhage (excessive bleeding) is responsible for one-third of all maternal deaths in the country, World Population Foundation (WPF) Assistant Programme Officer Sidra Ashraf said on Wednesday.
The US has a maternal mortality rate of 11 per 100,000.