The accounting discrepancies are known as Material Unaccounted For.
What does MUF stand for?
MUF stands for Material Unaccounted For (nuclear industry)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MUF
We have 27 other meanings of MUF in our Acronym Attic
- Miller Urban Entrepreneurs Series (business plan competition)
- Multi-User Environment Server
- Malaysian University English Test
- Mehran University of Engineering and Technology (Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan)
- Miami University Equestrian Team (Oxford, OH)
- Maruti Udyog Employees Union (India)
- Mutual Event (lip sync technology)
- Make-Up Feed
- Mark Up Factor
- Mascot User's Forum
Samples in periodicals archive:
Guidelines issued by the International Atomic Energy Authority (IAEA) say that material unaccounted for must not exceed 3pc of the amount that is processed.
In 2003, the processing plant revealed 19 kg (42lb) of plutonium which was material unaccounted for in a check.
The missing 170kg of weapons-grade uranium - listed blithely as Material Unaccounted For - could be contained in a holiday suitcase.