The notion of filling Mecca's sky line with modern skyscrapers is not only undermining the Kaaba, it is a clear material symbol of a massive cultural and social deletion the city has experienced," said one Saudi columnist.
What does MATSYM stand for?
MATSYM stands for Material Symbol
This definition appears rarely
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Meeting on the Air Traffic System in Europe (Ministers' meeting; est. 1988)
- Movement in the Amazon for Tribal Subsistence and Economic Sustainability (Peru)
- Marine Aviation Training Support Group
- Major American Trade Show Organizers
- Massachusetts Association of Teachers of Speakers of Other Languages
- Marine Aircrew Training Systems Squadron (US DoD)
- Marine Aviation Training Support Squadron
- Mobile Aerial Target Support System
- Mobile At-Sea Sensor
- Mandatory Annual Training Test (UK)
- Mapping Analysis Tool for Transportation
- Mapping and Analysis Tool for Transportation
- Master At Table Tennis
- Matthew (nickname)
- Matthius (nickname)
- Message Analysis Test Tool
- Mexicans and Americans Thinking Together
- Military Annual Training Test (British Armed Forces)
- Multi-Mission Advanced Tactical Terminal
Samples in periodicals archive:
17) But he fails to understand the importance of the story he tells and distances himself still further from its poetic by giving up his shield, material symbol of his name and the protection it offers, in exchange for the shield of Sir Torre.
Shackel argues that the "exclusion of blacks from the national consciousness was an active process that was reinforced through written symbols, material symbols, and commemoration" and that it would take over a century before African Americans "could gain inclusion in the collective memory of the United States" (14).